Wonder Workshop, Inc.
Effective Date: October 10, 2014
Last Updated: June 9, 2016
Wonder Workshop apps are and the play.makewonder.com website are intended to be used by children. Our e-commerce site, makewonder.com, and our other websites such as teachers.makewonder.com and clubs.makewonder.com, are intended to be used only by adults.
- “App” means any Wonder Workshop software application, including, but not limited to, the Wonder Workshop Android and/or iPad and/or iPhone software application.
- “Browsing Information” means information about your use of the Service, or your computer’s (or other access device, such as an iPad or smartphone) interaction with the Service. Browsing Information also includes certain of the information described in the “Information Collected Automatically” section below. This information is linked to a device identifier, such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer or device. Your Wonder Workshop robot includes a product identifier, and through the App your robot transmits information to us that we use to provide our services, assist you in troubleshooting, and improve our products, services, Website and App. In general, Wonder Workshop does not use Browsing Information to identify you, but such information may be paired with Personal Information, or with other information that together, could be used to identify you. Additionally, third parties, such as analytics companies and advertising service providers may access, collect, store, and use Browsing Information, and they may use it to identify you.
- “Personal Information” means information that directly identifies you, or that can directly identify you, such as your shipping and/or billing address, e-mail address, phone number, and/or credit card information.
- “Product Use Information” means information related to use of one of our products, such as robot name, activities coded, or similar information. Product use information is linked to the product identification number of your robot.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal Information We Affirmatively Collect From You
We may collect Personal Information about you, such as your first and last name, phone number, email address, physical address or credit card information, through our Service when (i) you register for an account on our Website, (ii) you sign up for our newsletter, (iii) you order from our Website, or (iv) you include Personal Information in User Content (as defined below). Other information you may affirmatively provide to us is generally maintained along with Personal Information. You can choose not to provide any information that is requested of you by us. However, this may limit your ability to use the Service.
Additionally, if a friend refers you to us by providing us with your e-mail address, we may send you a message. However, we use your e-mail address only to send the friend’s message unless you otherwise affirmatively provide information to us. When you sign up for e-mails or register an account, we may ask you for your birthdate to make sure you are 13 or older and may use a technical measure, such as a cookie, to restrict your ability to change your age.
In addition to collecting information on the Service, we may collect information from you when you communicate with us over the phone, including via text messages, or via e-mail. This information may include Personal Information. This information may be matched with, and stored in connection with Personal Information provided or collected in connection with the Service.
We also may now or in the future receive Personal Information about you from third parties. For example, if you access our Website or Service through a third-party connection or log-in, including social networking services such as Facebook where you have a registered account, that third party may pass certain information about your use of its service to Wonder Workshop. This information could include, but is not limited to, the user ID associated with your account, an access token necessary to access that service, any information that you have permitted the third party to share with us, and any information you have made public in connection with that service. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to the Wonder Workshop Service.
Information Collected Automatically
Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page on our Service. When you access the Service, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your Internet Protocol address, web request, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other similar information.
Product Use Information is also automatically transmitted to Wonder Workshop and used to provide product support, improve our products and services, and for similar activities that support our internal operations. If you share your robot with someone or resell your robot to someone else, your Product Information that is stored and has been transmitted by your robot will remain in the possession of Wonder Workshop.
We may use certain third party services including, but not limited to, Google Analytics, to help us and our affiliates understand your use of the Service. These services collect information about your use of and the performance of the App and/or the Website and/or Wonder Workshop’s robots and also collect information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, including cookies and your IP address, and their use of this information is governed by their privacy policies.
In general, we will store tracking information in an anonymous aggregated form, however, we or our third party tracking partners may store certain information, such as pageviews, in a manner that can be associated to specific devices.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use or may use Personal Information and Browsing Information for a variety of purposes, including:
- To operate the Service, monitor the effectiveness of the Service, to improve the content of the Service, and layout and design.
- To help provide you with a smooth, efficient user experience.
- For billing, identification and authentication, and fraud prevention.
- To respond to any inquiries or requests received from you.
- To monitor, analyze and describe usage patterns and performance of the Service, including aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns.
- To contact you and deliver administrative notices and communications relevant to your use of the Service, such as security or support and maintenance advisories.
- To conduct system administration and system troubleshooting and to diagnose or fix technology problems.
- To comply with legal requirements and process (for example, in response to subpoenas, court orders, and law enforcement or governmental requests or investigations), to protect our legal rights or the rights of others (for example, by working to reduce the risk of fraud or misuse of the Service).
- To send promotional communications and/or newsletters to you and for other marketing purposes of Wonder Workshop or its affiliates or partners.
- In connection with an unusual business transaction, such as the bankruptcy or liquidation of, sale of, purchase of, or merger with our business or another business.
- For distribution to third-party service providers that provide services to Wonder Workshop and partners of Wonder Workshop.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Personal Information: Wonder Workshop will not rent or sell your Personal Information to others, or share it with independent third parties for their separate marketing-related purposes. To operate the Service, however, we may share your Personal Information with our agents, representatives and contractors so they can provide us with support services and other features and fulfill your orders. We require these third parties not to use your Personal Information for any other purpose. We may store Personal Information in locations outside the direct control of Wonder Workshop (for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers).
Browsing Information: We may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to help them understand the usage patterns for our Service. Non-personally identifiable information may be stored indefinitely.
STORAGE AND PROCESSING
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT RECEIVING MARKETING MESSAGES
Wonder Workshop offers you the choice of receiving different types of communication and information related to our company, products and services. You may subscribe to e-newsletters or other publications or you may also elect to receive marketing communications and other special offers from us via email. To help us understand whether we are providing information of interest to you, we may include software code or other tracking technologies in our emails to monitor whether you opened a particular email, whether you have clicked on the images and/or links in the email, the date and time the message was opened, and whether your computer is capable of receiving HTML-based email. We endeavor to allow you to unsubscribe at any time from our email programs by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email message. You may also access and manage your preferences from your account, when available, or by contacting us directly at email@example.com. We reserve the right to send you service announcements or similar administrative messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION; SECURITY AND PASSWORDS
Wonder Workshop takes what it believes to be commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect Personal Information. However, since no security system is impenetrable and "perfect security" does not exist on the Internet, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information or Browsing Information.
If you create an account to use the Service, you may be asked to choose a password for your account, which can be used to access information associated with your account (including Personal Information). You should choose a password that is not easy to guess, and does not use words that you would find in a dictionary. Do not disclose your password to any other person. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, and we will attribute activities that occur using your account information (e.g., through the use of your password) to you. If you suspect that your password has been compromised contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COMPROMISE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
HOW YOU CAN UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION
Wonder Workshop believes strongly in giving you the ability to access and update or correct your Personal Information. You may update your Personal Information by logging into your account on Wonder Workshop’s Website, when available, or by contacting us directly at email@example.com.
We care about children’s privacy. While our apps and the play.makewonder.com website are aimed to be usable by children, only parents and/or legal guardians or other adults may make purchases. To set up your robot, a parent or guardian should download the App. Product Use Information is used only to support our internal operations.
Wonder Workshop does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13 except in specific situations where we are allowed to collect such information due to one or more of the exceptions to the parental consent requirement outlined in COPPA. For example, we may collect email addresses from children in order to send them a one-time response, after which we will delete the email addresses. This is compliant with the one-time contact exception outlined in COPPA.
On play.makewonder.com, kids may be invited to submit content to Wonder Workshop. In these cases, any personal information will be removed and destroyed by Wonder Workshop staff and not made public and not retained by Wonder Workshop.
Upon proper identification, a parent or legal guardian may review the information we have collected about their child, request deletion, or refuse to allow further collection or use of such information. Please keep in mind that a request to delete such information may limit the child’s access to all or a portion of the Service. If you believe that a child under 13 might have provided us with Personal Information or if you wish to view, request deletion of or prohibit further collection of information about your child, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We urge parents to monitor their children’s use of all digital media.
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Users who are California residents may request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, certain information about the Personal Information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of Personal Information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to email@example.com.
VISITORS RESIDING OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
If you have any remaining questions about how we treat your privacy, just let us know. You can contact us by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Privacy Manager, Wonder Workshop, Inc., 1500 Fashion Island Blvd., #200, San Mateo, CA 94404, USA.